辭典 |  大眾字 |  産品 |  句庫 |  學習 |  社區 |  電子書包教育專區
用戶登入 | 用戶註冊
詳細內容
全部資訊 > 時事快訊 > 雙語新聞
 
 

24 THINGS - Your boss want you to know!

發表于:2009-04-28 10:43:28  
 
 
1.不要尋找藉口(Forget about excuses)
上司都會關心為什麼分配的工作沒有完成,這很少有例外。因此及時完成工作是你的職責。
Forget rare exceptions no boss cares why an assignment wasn't done. It's your job to get it done and on time.


2.不要苛求「完美」(Don't aim for perfection)
及時把工作做好比做得「完美」重要得多。
Getting it done well and on time is much more important than doing it "Perfectly"


3.只做份內事是不夠的(Carrying your share is not enough)
上司看重那些不僅做份內事而且主動尋找、創造或要求更多實際工作的員工。
Bosses value people who do their job and look around for, create or ask for more real work.


4.自始至終完成工作(Follow Through)
對分配給你的工作做到有始有終,不要等到別人特別是你的主管來提醒你。
Tie up the loose ends of your assignments. Don't wait to be reminded, particularly by a Supervisor.


5.預見到問題(Anticipate Problems)
當你的工作有賴於他人的參與時,要核對他們的計畫並確認他們理解你的要求。
When your responsibilities depend on input from others, check their plans and their understanding of what you're requesting.


6.堅韌樂觀地面對難題(Be Resilient About Problems)
發生別人無法預料到的失誤是工作生涯中常見的事情。理解這一點就是你工作職責的一部分。
Part of carrying your responsibilities is understanding that unforeseeable failures by others are a routine part of work life.
當問題發生時,沒有人怪罪於你,你也不能以運氣不好作為藉口。
When problems occur, no one is picking on you and you can't excuse it as bad luck.


7.別把問題留給你的上司(Don't Take Problems to your boss)
如果你權力有限,在去見上司以前要準備好解決問題的方案。
If you lack the authority, come prepared with solutions when you broach the problem.
即使你的上司可能不採納你的解決方案,也已經給他留下了這樣的印象:你是解決問題而不是收集問題的人。
Even though your boss may not use your solutions, you've made an impression as a problem solver - not as a problem collector.


8.出滿勤(Attendance counts)
從出勤情況可以很快看出,誰在努力工作,誰在尋找理由混日子。
People quickly become aware of who makes an effort to be there and who uses any excuse to miss a day.


9.不要難字當頭,喋喋不休(Don't be a squeaking wheel)
不要讓人見到你就覺得「又來了一個問題」。
Don't be seen as "Here comes a problem".

10.不要嫉妒懷恨他人(Don't carry grudges)
你不可能勝過所有的人,因此不要把每個問題都變成爭鬥,這樣就會浪費你的精力,喪失你同事的善意和你上司的耐心。
You cannot win them all. So don't squander your energy, the goodwill of your allies, and the patience of your boss by turning every issue into a crusade.


11.慎重選擇是否「開戰」(Choose your battles carefully)
捫心自問:這個問題到底有多大的重要性?是否值得你為此樹敵?我有切實的獲勝機會嗎?
Ask yourself: how much difference the problem really makes. Is it worth making an enemy? Do I have a realistic chance of winning?


12.直接與決策者打交道(Deal directly with the person who makes the decision) 
可能與職權較小的人打交道不會使你那麼緊張,但這會浪費你的時間和精力。
Dealing with people with less authority may be easier on your nerves, but you'll be wasting time and effort.


13.保持對問題的掌控(Keep control of problems)
比如說你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因為還未得到批准而停下來不做。
Let's say you need some special work done. Don't stop with getting approval.
因為如果這樣,儘管是別人不配合,你卻已給人留下無能的印象。
If the other person doesn't follow through, you're left looking inept.


14.學會「翻譯」上司的話語(Learn to translate boss language)
「如果這不是太麻煩的話」的意思是「做吧,而且越快越好」。
"If it's not too much trouble" means, "Do it, and the sooner the better".


15.瞭解公司的其他人在做什麼(Learn what other people in the company are doing)


16.與你的同事和睦相處(Get along with your co-workers)
內鬥意味著減產。對你的上司來說,如果你捲入內鬥就已經錯了。
Internal battles mean less production. To your boss, if you're involved, you're automatically wrong.


17.保護公司的名譽(Protect the company's reputation)
不要在有陌生人能夠無意中聽到的場合談論公司的事務和人員,即使在私下也不應當說。
Never discuss company business and people where strangers can overhear。 Even in private, be reticent.


18.有時候要讓別人勝出(Let others win sometimes)
「這主意聽起來不錯。我們就這麼做吧。」否則人們會討厭你。
"Sounds like a good idea. We'll do it that way". If you don't, people will resent you.


19.學會選擇時機(Learn Timing)
培養你的耐心,等待一個適當時機的到來。
Develop the patience to wait for an appropriate occasion.


20.不要撒謊(Don't Lie)
謊言會使問題變得更糟。如果你的謊言被拆穿,你將失去你的誠信。
Lying will make problems worse. If you're caught in a lie, you lose your credibility.


21.閱讀本行業的書刊(Read your industry's publications)


22.瞭解你的同行(Get to know your peers)


23.永遠不要假設別人在按你的標準做事(Never assume other people are operating from your standards)
當你發現你自己在想「我決不會料到她會有這種行為」時,你要知道,你己經犯了一個錯誤, 就是把自己的想法套在了別人的行為上。
When you find yourself thinking"I never would have expected such behaviour from her", you know you've made the mistake of projecting your outlook on to others'behaviour.


24.運用常識和判斷力(Use Commonsense)


來源:21世紀英語報
 
 
  更多關于 雙語新聞 的熱點
 
    「豬流感」的英文怎麼說?